This actually didn’t come from pinterest! I was in the baking mood one day, looked through my cupboards and found a recipe for Apple Muffins on the back of a box of Aunt Jemima Original Pancake & Waffle Mix. I had all the recipes so I gave it a go. I brought them in for my office the next day and people were begging me for the recipe. I mean, just look at how delectable they are!!
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima Original Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Yields: 12 muffins
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups. In medium bowl combine pancake mix, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
2. In small bowl whisk together milk, oil, egg, and vanilla; add to flour mixture. Stir gently until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in apples. Fill cups.
3. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over each muffin. Bake 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 2 minutes.
After just looking at that picture, I’m going to go make these right now!